NC Lathe Programmer
Job Purpose Statement: Perform duties to operate and setup NC Lathe to machine a variety of parts and materials in accordance with job specifications and established quality standards.
- Review job prints and program new jobs on NC Lathe as required, determine operation sequences, tooling required, tool stations and machine feeds and speeds to perform a variety of rough and finish turning, boring, drilling, tapping, threading, grooving and facing operations.
- Pull and install required tools, fixtures and holding devices, position, align and fasten in place, input operating instructions and test program.
- Locate material in fixture, run sample parts, check parts with prints to ensure set up and program meets job specifications and make necessary machine adjustments and tape modifications.
- Run job, inspect parts as required to ensure work quality standards are maintained.
- Replace worn tools and re-sharpen as necessary.
- Experience with G-Code, Siemens, or Fanuc controls preferred.
- Move material and parts to and from work areas to staging areas using hand trucks and carts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.